Sunday, September 9, 2007

WHY A BLOG & EMAIL

My goofy friend David once told me that he would only vote for a politician he knew personally. Saying that may have been his reaction to my attempts to sway his natural inclination toward conservative politics … to circumventing that aspect of our conversations.

Perhaps good form or a long time friendship kept me from challenging this odd concept … after all politicians; of all stripes affect our lives. It seems silly, almost un-American to automatically disenfranchise yourself ninety-nine percent of the time.

But the actual idea itself is interesting. And so I have it in my mind to keep my musings to subjects and people I know; not in an ethereal context but in a real physical way, while not losing touch with the larger moral issues of my day.

Yard[D]og maybe reached HERE.

No comments: