Friday, September 26, 2008

YARDDOG LISTENS TO THE DEBATES

Listening to tonight's presidential debates reinforced one thing: I would never vote for Senator John McCain. He brings with him a bankrupt view of life that is deeply rooted in a past that while it may be enormously important to my personal history, has little or not value to confront the times in which we live. So I can not vote for a person who so clearly defines him by it nor could I support a Republican party what so discredits the poor, the outcast and those left behind is "there" version of America.

The challenge for Mr. Obama is: is there anything you do for individuals and the day-to-day issues we deal with. No where in tonight's debate did I sense an understanding of our daily worries - ones about lack of health care, investments that are now totally worthless and retirement package that is long gone to Wall Street greed. Tell me, how will you do to help me, not with platitudes of the past but our lives in the next four years?

No comments: