Monday, November 12, 2007

ALL IN ONE DAY ...


A few days ago I was musing about justice movements in the so-called Red States. And now look at this, all in one day: Jim Neil (right) a political unknown is running for the Senate in North Carolina. Unlike Senator Craig and that whole group who have sought to hide their sexuality, Neal volunteered his in a public forum. "I am indeed," Neal said when asked whether he was gay. "No secret and no big deal to me -- I wouldn't be running if I didn't think otherwise."


Rev. Stephen Shoemaker, Senior Pastor
And then there is Myers Park Baptist Church in Charlotte, a congregation of nearly two-thousand people, that may find itself expelled from the North Carolina Baptist Convention this week because its unconditional welcoming of gays and lesbians.

Perhaps Mr. Neil's matter-of-fact attitude will be helpful to the church. But, you know, as I wander around the web I read similar stories ... small signs of hope; of justice. I just might move to North Carolina, vote for Mr. Neil and attend Myers Park Church. I just don't know about the Baptist part ... thanks guys!

No comments: