Wednesday, November 21, 2007

SOMETHING-OR-OTHER DAY





Now, this is really cool...

I went to Grandparent's Day at Az's school ... let's get something straight, I totally object to the name of this yearly event, and everyone who goes is way older, like hundreds of years older than me but, to be honest? ... I don't know what else to call it.

During the morning the Head Master keep saying, "I know what an effort it is for you to come to this event." ... I wanted to smack him! After the classroom did their shows, I told him that it was NOT an effort ... how could it be! ... not if I get to see Az on stage doing her show and singing "We Are the World" (LOLOLOLOL) and, showing me her classroom, projects, talking to her teacher.

In the play yard she did one of those, "Frank" and ran-over-and-jumped-into-my-arms things ... almost got my back but it was worth it ... and, finally, I understand why Tyler calls her "monkey" ... I mean, in the yards she is all over the place. And this second grader can put together one of those USA puzzle maps (without outlines) in like two minutes ... and, knows the names of the states!

Two years ago, I gave her a plant to take to school. Why? because here brown thumbed parents gave her an azalea; the kind that die in two weeks ... but, "Mr. Gardener" here knows that one particular broad-leaf succulent will last for six months without water ... so there, by her classroom door was our plant and a picture of her ... I love Grandparents' day!

There is nothing better in the world...

No comments: