Monday, October 29, 2007

REFLECTIONS

"Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone-we find it with another. We do not discover the secret of our lives merely by study and calculation in our own isolated meditations. The meaning of our life is a secret that has to be revealed to us in love, by the one we love. -- a weekly reflection The Merton Institute for Contemplative Living sends.

Morning 31:7-8
7 I will rejoice and be glad because of your mercy; *
for you have seen my affliction;
you know my distress.
8 You have not shut me up in the power of the enemy; *
you have set my feet in an open place.

Recognize the open places in your life. -- a daily reflection sent each day by a local faith community.

I need this kind of focus each day and using a computer is becoming more helpful than the books by my bedside.

No comments: